Friday, August 7, 2009

Божи Мост

In my very first post I mentioned that the photo on the title page was taken at a place called Божи Мост (God’s Bridge). Located between the villages of Devene and Lilyache, this is a popular place among locals for camping, hiking, and picnics. My host brother and his wife took me there one weekend afternoon for a Bulgarian-style barbeque, and we were joined by my language trainer extraordinaire, Dessi, and her husband and daughter. Here are some photos from that afternoon.

God's Bridge.


A view of the natural bridge from the other side.

A different view looking out from a cave within the natural bridge.

Some shots of the area landscape.



Preparing our barbeque lunch.

A couple interesting critters.


Obligatory wildflower shots.









No comments:

Post a Comment